Team EmG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A competitive gaming team for Xbox 360.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

History of Steadyhndz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steadyhndz
Admin

Pisces Monkey

History of Steadyhndz Empty
PostSubject: History of Steadyhndz   History of Steadyhndz EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:35 am

I start in competitive gaming in 2005 when I was about 13 years old, I was playing in CAL and a little CEVO for Counter Strike 1.6. I was on a team with some guys I met at the local internet cafe, and one of them came up to me one day, and told me he wanted me on his team for Counter Strike. After a few weeks of practice, learning strategies, and learning call outs we decided to start playing in online leagues like CAL, with a good record of 14-0 before the team disbanding because of school, 4 of us went on and reformed the team, and shortly after that I quit the team.

I came back in 2006 with Counter Strike 1.6 and after 6 months, I changed games and started playing Counter Strike Source and made a team known as XTC, Xamples That Corrupt. We found the perfect members, and we were all in driving distance to go to any tournament in the Midwest. We started practicing, and had everything ready for the online competition for CEVO and CAL and also preparing for CPL 2006. After some reformation, the team went decently far, we went to several LAN tournaments, all local, and just a few weeks before we were going to register for the CPL 2006, our team split up. Unfortunately it was because we all had different visions of XTCs future, and ended up in a team disband.

Once 2007 came around and Halo 3 was announced, I got Halo 2, and started playing with some of my friends that were familiar with MLG and the Halo competition. We played for months, and finally got a good team together, and once Halo 3 came out, things just got better and better. We got in contact with some AmPro teams and started to play them in scrims and everytime we played they gave us good feed back, even if we lost. After a long time of practicing and playing scrims with very good teams, we started to go against some professional teams, we even went against Carbon a few times to get the real experience of going against pros. Things were just going good, we had a good grasp on the future in Halo 3 and MLG. Then MLG released the news about the 2008 circuit, and Chicago was not on the list, once we found out the would not be going to Chicago, we all talked, and realized that our team does not have a realistic future for 2008 because of financial issues. If MLG did go to Chicago in 2008, I believe we would have taken top 50, and possibly had a way to get money for the next closest MLG event to do even better.

I have a little background in Call of Duty 2 for PC, and Call of Duty 4 on the Xbox 360, but it isn't that long.

That is my history in gaming.
Back to top Go down

History of Steadyhndz
Page 1 of 1