Team EmG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A competitive gaming team for Xbox 360.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Ops = Bad

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steadyhndz
Admin

Pisces Monkey

Black Ops = Bad Empty
PostSubject: Black Ops = Bad   Black Ops = Bad EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:37 pm

So of course I got the game at midnight and played it for a little less than 2 the first night. It was good, I played mostly domination, and a little Search and Destroy. Tuesday night though was a completely different story, because my team wasn't online I was playing by myself, playing some regular TDM and that is when I started to notice the problems in this game.

After about 10 minutes into the first round I was about 13-3 maybe 13-4 or 14-4 or something like that, and I died 6 times in only 20 seconds. After the third death I was thinking "ok, this happens once in a while in MW2, you get a few bad spawns" but when the game was over only a minute later, I ended up at 15-13. I was having skeptic thoughts about how good this game really is but I kept my hopes up and played another game. The exact same thing happened again, I kept getting bad spawns. I would spawn right in front of the enemy, having no chance to even shoot them, and when I would get a few seconds to move, I would either get shot from behind, or there would be an enemy right around the corner with the RC car. Of course I was getting angry, but I kept on playing anyway because maybe things would change, and things just got worse. I started notice more and more problems, and nothing got better.

The next problem I noticed was the bullet damage, it's ridiculous throughout the entire game. When I noticed this I was using the mp5, M16, AK74u and when I got the chance to pick it up, the Galil. We were all waiting for the AK74u to come out again, after a long, long wait from COD4, but it just isn't the same gun because of the bullet damage. Sometimes you can kill a guy with 3 or 4 shots with the AK74u, but then there are times where you will shoot them 8, 9, sometimes 10 times and he just won't die. I really hate games that have this problem, because it just makes it irritating when you can kill a guy in 3 shots sometimes, but another time you'll use half a clip. All the guns do this by the way, not just the AK74u, and the gun that does it the most, is probably the Galil. And no, I'm not killing a guy that had already been shot, I tested this in a private match with a friend, shotting him in the chest each time, it would usually take 5 shots, but sometimes it got to as much as 8.

Another problem I found was the outrageous lag. I have not played 1 game where everyone is below 100ms ping (in other words at 4bar) in most games 10 out of 12 people are 1-3 bar, and only 2 are 4 bar (the host, and 1 other person), even when I put it to Locale only, I get laggers. So when I snipe, I have to aim 5 feet in front of them if they're running, and if there behind a wall, I have to preshot and guess when they're going to comeout, unlike the previous COD games. It's just stupid to have this even be a problem.

The last problem I will talk about is the hitbox problem. Now a lot of us have complained about hit boxes in every game practically, a hitbox is hard to make perfect, but this game is one of the worst (almost as bad as the Quake 4 hitbox). The hitbox for the head doesn't even make sense, sometimes I'll be sniping and I'll shoot him in the upper spine, right around the shoulder blade area, and I'll get a headshot. Now I know that is in my advantage, but that is also happening to me, and I like a game to be fair. When the person has "second chance" you can't shoot him as he's going down, you have to aim at the ground, because the hotbox does not follow with his body movement when he falls, the hotbox goes directly to the ground as if he were already laying on the ground 100%, so that is just an adjustment we have to make, but it's a simple fix Treyarch.
Back to top Go down
Static Sarah

Static Sarah

Aries Dragon

Black Ops = Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops = Bad   Black Ops = Bad EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:58 pm

It's a brand new game, there's gonna be glitches and stuff not working right since they didn't catch it all before.
Back to top Go down
Satan Almighty

Satan Almighty

Scorpio Monkey

Black Ops = Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops = Bad   Black Ops = Bad EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Hahaha the rc car! Ya I definitely won't be picking this up. I think the next game I'll be getting will be marvel vs Capcom 3.
Back to top Go down
Steadyhndz
Admin

Pisces Monkey

Black Ops = Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops = Bad   Black Ops = Bad EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:47 am

A new game should not have glitches, and these aren't glitches. Spawns are not a glitch problem, that is a main thing when your putting finishing touches into programming a game. Overall it's just a terrible game, Activision only cares about it's money, not it's players. They never fixed WaW, because they were too lazy to do it because it would cost $$$. On the other hand everything will be going back to MW2 in a few months, so I'm basically just waiting for that to happen, in the mean time I'll play Black Ops, but not TDM, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Ops = Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops = Bad   Black Ops = Bad Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Ops = Bad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team EmG :: General Discussion :: Games-
Jump to: